For men, it’s typically about the sex—the more sexually excitable they are, the more likely they are to cheat. For women, it’s more about the level of satisfaction in her relationship; if a woman is unhappy in her marriage, she’s 2.6 times more likely to cheat – Womansday.com
According to 2012 statistics from the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 14% of married women have cheated compared to 22% of married men. Although women are not exceeding men in cheating, women are having emotional affairs and sex behind their man’s back. However, when a woman cheats, she is usually cheating for emotional intimacy while a man usually cheats for physical pleasure.
Reasons Why Women cheat
Most of the reasons why women cheat has been divided into emotional and physical reasons. Every affair is different, and so are every woman’s reasons for her involvement in cheating.
Fact: Men can be a lot happier in their primary relationship and still cheat. The same men will say “it’s in a woman’s gene to cheat”.
Here are the reasons why women cheat.
1. Emotional Starvation: When a woman is lonely in her marriage for one reason or another, She goes looking for emotional attachment elsewhere.
2. Anger and Revenge: Especially if she has caught a man cheating before. Even if the man apologises and they pretend to move on, she might still cheat on him.
3. Excitement seekers: Some women are so much in love with their husbands and will never entertain the thought of leaving him but they want more. These women are thrill seekers who “want more” or need a little extra something.
4. The Sexually Deprived Wife: If she isn’t getting sex at home, don’t be surprised if she goes looking for it outside the marriage. As men age their testosterone levels drop. When this happens they become less interested in sex or develop sexual dysfunction and are unable to perform. A wife ends up with a husband who would rather watch football or read a good book at bedtime than have sex with his wife. When she gets fed up or can’t do anything about it, she’d cheat.
5. Escape from Punishment: Then you have men who withhold sex as a form of punishment. When a woman feels her husband no longer wants her sexually, she feels deprived and uncared for. Feelings that may spur her into going outside the marriage to find what she needs.
6. The Low Self-Esteem Wife: Some women become nothing more than a mother, housekeeper and wife who keeps the family running smoothly. Maybe she is feeling frumpy and unattractive. Her self-esteem is in the gutter…she no longer feels sexy, beautiful or desirable. If her husband doesn’t do anything about it, FAST! She could jump into the hands of a man who desires her heart, body and beauty.
7. Bad sex: Women need to feel desired and experience REAL orgasms during sex. If women are getting bad sex, not enough sex, non-emotional sex, she may eventually lose interest in the relationship and look elsewhere for GOOD sex!
8. Lack of interest in the marriage: If she is not interested in the marriage or relationship in the first place, there might be nothing anyone can do to make it interesting. She might cheat.
Other reasons are:
11. Financial independence
12. Lack of attention and intimacy
Conclusion: A woman doesn’t just cheat. There is always a reason. If you have had or heard about another reason why women cheat, leave a comment below.
And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram/Twitter: @officiallolo1
|| Facebook: Oga Madam Office