Approximately 20 million American women need to remove facial hair at least once a week, according to a 1999 study done by Bristol Myers. It is not a disease but women with beards and hairs are often regarded as men, gross, impotent or witches.
The growth of excess beards and hairs on women is usually called Hirsutism. Hirsutism occurs on parts of a woman where hairs and not expected to grow or its growth is expected to be minimal. These hairs could appear in places that it normally occur on men, including the chest, back and face. Women develop excessive body or facial hair due to higher-than-normal levels of male hormones. Male hormones are called androgens, and they include testosterone. All females produce
1. Most women who are diagnosed with hormonal imbalances respond well to treatment, but the hair can grow back if your hormone levels again become out of sync.
2. Anabolic steroids
3. Hirsutism tends to run in families. You may be more likely to have unwanted hair growth if your mother, sister, or another female relative does.
4. Cushing disease: Those with Cushing disease have higher-than-normal levels of cortisol. Cortisol is sometimes called the “stress hormone.”
5. And these conditions can affect the way your body produces androgens.
1. Hair removal creams
5. Anti-androgen medications
6. Birth control pills can help balance your hormone levels.
If you are overweight, your doctor will probably suggest that you lose weight to reduce your hair growth. Obesity can change the way your body produces and processes hormones. Maintaining a healthy weight may correct your level of androgens without the use of medication.
Growth beards and hairs mostly occur after puberty
It is not a curse or disease
It can’t through contacted by touch or even air
It is not permanent. It can be treated
It can’t kill
It doesn’t make people different or demonic
However, the causes of the hair growth can be evaluated by a physician, who can conduct blood tests, pinpoint the specific origin of the abnormal hair growth, and advise on the treatment.
Oya, your turn. Can you marry a girl with beards? Share am with your friends and leave your comments on top the matter
Leave your comments below or Send your tweets to Lolo and Cheche Wazobia FM 95.1 (@Wazobia_FM) or @ogamadamoffice and @realchechesmith
All Excerpts and Image credits: Google
Magnus is a Freshdesk Certified Product Expert and Product Manager with over 5 years of Customer Service and manual testing experience.
He loves fintech and writes about tools that help you save money and time.