Your Netflix Experience can be optimized in simple ways, even when you don’t know what to watch. We will be looking at some really awesome tools for supercharging your Netflix experience alone or with friends. Let’s get through these 5 tools to help you enjoy your Netflix experience with friends.
Netflix Hangouts is a new Chrome extension that makes it easier to get away with watching Netflix while you’re supposedly said to be busy with work. During work hours, all you need to do is to click on the show you what to catch up on during work hours, and then press the extension’s icon in your Chrome menu to bring up a fake four-person conference call. Then the show would be displayed in the window’s bottom right feed while three fake colleagues display on your screen, and you sit back and watch the show with ease.
You can download select TV shows and movies on the Netflix app to watch offline later. Watching downloaded titles offline does not count toward the concurrent streaming limit of your plan. To find TV shows and movies to download:
- Open the Netflix app and tap Downloads. Select See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, or Find More to Download.
- Open the Netflix app and select a TV show or movie. Not all titles are available for download.
- From the description page, tap Downloads
To download from Netflix, you need:
- An active Netflix account
- An internet connection
- The latest version of the Netflix app. (If you don’t have the latest version of Netflix app, you’d develop difficulties in Downloading)
Netflix Party (now Teleparty) is a new way to watch TV with your friends, relatives, or loved ones online. Video playback is synchronized by Netflix Party and adds groups to Netflix, Disney, Hulu, and others.
Steps on how to use Netflix Party (now Telepathy)
- Firstly, you have to install Teleparty
Follow that link above, you start by clicking the “install Teleparty” button. Then you would be redirected to the Chrome Web Store, click on. “Add to Chrome”. Then Teleparty would be installed
- You then Pin Teleparty to Chrome Toolbar
The Tp button would be next to your address bar, after the installation of Teleparty.
- Open a Video
Go to Netflix and open a video, or any other streaming sites, then start playing the video.
- Create a Teleparty
To create a Teleparty, click on that red “NP” icon located next to the address bar. Then you click on “Start Party” to get the party started, to invite friends, you then share the party URL.
- Join a Teleparty
To join a party click on the party URL, which will redirect to Netflix’s website. Then click on the “NP” button next to the address bar, and you should automatically join the party.
Trim shows you IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes ratings of movies on Netflix. Two users can also chat while watching the same movie together. Make sure you rate a show or movie after you have seen it. You get a better recommendation to offer with the key data Netflix has on your interests. So by rating, this movie your interest becomes known to Netflix.
Allow two users to chat alongside watching the same movie together and this brings another Netflix Experience.
It switches on and off IMBD ratings
It also shares the extension on Facebook and Twitter
Provides links for Netflix to IMBD if available
Also provides links for IMBD to Netflix of available
Mate lets you easily translate Netflix subtitles. You can save any word, phrase or sentence from subtitles in one click. Export saved data to Reji or a CSV file for further learning. Mate is available as a browser extension for Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera. Mate has over 103 languages, also gives perfect pronunciation.
How does it work?
- On words or select phrases with the mouse to translate. Translation can be seen right in the player. Coupled with synonyms, phonetic transcription.
- Words are automatically categorized by series and episode names, distinct features.
- Saved Vocabulary: It can be exported and be converted to a CSV file.